So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now! This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin,[e] so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
Okay let’s break this down!
God declared peace, a truce, a end to the war of sin and indifference, that has existed between you (the reader) and God. God wants peace with you. God wants you to be a part of his family. In Romans 5:8;
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Even while, we are the sinners, the guilty ones, we have hurt one another, turned our backs on God and lived for ourselves. God reaches out his hand, and says come back home, I will pardon your sins, I will never hold them against you because I paid for them. God does not let sin go, he doesn’t sweep it under the rug. He is a Just judge. And we, as humans, are all guilty. If you don’t believe this, read down the 10 Commandments, have you ever broke one, just one? You are guilty!
You see the Bible says if you break one, you’re guilty of breaking them all. It’s like this, if a man commits murder, and goes to jail for life. He didn’t break all the laws but he broke one, but he still goes to jail as if he broke them all. That’s the point. We are guilty, we all deserve Hell, which is nothing but a continuation of wanting to live our lives on earth, without God! Simply put, a life without God here on earth, is a life in the hereafter without God.
But God, died for us on the cross, he paid every sins. you do not have to pay for them. Jesus paid them all. Why? Because we are his children, he loves you, he wants peace with you. He wants you to come back home. He is offering his hand in friendship, in peace to you. You will never hold anything against you, because it’s paid for. He did that for you. Since there is nothing more between you and God. There is peace, no war, no hard feelings between you and God. This is what Christmas is about. God became man and died for everything you ever committed wrong.
So does this sound too good to be true? Do you want this peace? Then how?
Let me show you!
- We’ve already covered it, that you were guilty; you turned your back on God, you wanted live your life your way, by your own rules, and this has left you empty, unfulfilled, guilty, shamed, or even worse, filled with addictions, we go from one thing to another to find happiness without God.
- Repent; this is a fancy religious word, that means turn around, change direction, U-turn. When I heard this truth, I was drinking, drugging and living life my way. I knew was going to hell. So when I heard the gospel and wanted it. I change my direction, instead of heading to hell without God, I turned around and started living with God. I just change the direction and purpose of my life.
- Believe that Jesus was God. That God became man, Jesus as a man, experienced everything you’ve ever experienced except sin. He knows what it is, to be Poor, lonely, rejected, despise, there is nothing you can’t bring to him and be ashamed. He understands all. So come to him.
- Jesus came to die; Jesus was born to die for our sins. To pay the the price our sins. On Calvary, he took all your sins and pay the price for them. He did this as a gift, not for a price. It is free without works, for whoever’s except it. Then on the third day he rose again, so we also may rise again to eternal Life. Ephesians 2:8-9: For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
- This is how you receive your Christmas gift. Simply ask! In your own words, nothing religious!
Jesus, I realize that I’m guilty, I’m turning my back on you, living my life my own way, desiring things that are not good for me. I want to repent, turn my life around and head for you, with you, living my life for you now instead for myself. I want to thank you, for dying on the cross, forgiving all my sins (past, present, future) and never holding them against me. Thank you for the blood you shed on the cross, that washes all my sins and guilt away. I want to make you, my Savior, my Lord, and King today. Amen.
This my friends, is what Jesus meant, peace and goodwill to all men, for whoever accepts this free gift of eternal life.
You can become a friend of God.
When you accept Jesus as Savior, He will become real as any physical person you know. Before I got saved, Jesus and God was nothing more than a fairy tale to me. No different then Santa Clause and Easter Bunny, nothing more then a fictitious tale. I could never see them or hear him. But after receiving Jesus in my life, I can hear Him, He directs me, guides me, talks and teaches me. The reason I believe The Bible today, is because I know the author Jesus Christ. I do not have blind faith, God is a reality in my life.
I hope everybody has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. This is DSI’s gift to you. If this article, has helped you, started you on a spiritual journey toward God and becoming friends with Him. Please take a moment and bless us, let us know if you have received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.